Tellery logo by Doug Guildford
Thanks for dropping by. You’ll find storytelling stuff here:
- an audio file of Talking You In (a story set to the music of composer/guitarist Brian Katz, about a father telling stories to his infant son in the neonatal intensive care unit);
- assorted other stories;
- information about my books;
- info about the Telling Bee (a curriculum program);
- a link to the Future Folklore Project (www.futurefolklore.wordpress.com), an experiment where I retell some traditional stories in the second person present tense;
- some articles;
- a collection of short pieces about Storycare, an approach to storytelling in healthcare I co-created with Melissa Tafler, social worker;
- some short videos called The Storyteller’s Ass, where I tell folktales with my rather importunate donkey Eysele.
Goodmorning Dan. I just heard about Mary Eileens passing. So very, very sad.
I immediately thought of you, Jim Blake and I all heading out to the Story Barn for the first time and falling in love with that space. She was such a gracious host, she had me (and the Great Wooden Trio) there on a regular basis. Her generosity, hospitality and creativity will be greatly missed.
I guess I just wanted to reach out and connect with someone else who knew her.
I hope you’re well.